Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TALGARTH CORN MILL;TALGARTH MILL, THE SQUARE, TALGARTH

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 413907

Map Reference SO13SE

Grid Reference SO1550033727

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Brecknockshire

Community Talgarth

Type of Site CORN MILL

Broad Class AGRICULTURE AND SUBSISTENCE

Period 18th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Talgarth Mill is a water-powered corn mill, driven by an overshot waterwheel, with water supplied from the river Ennig and another local river. The three-storey stone-built mill, dating from the late eighteenth or early nineteenth century, is believed to have closed around 1946 and the the machinery, including two pairs of stones, was subsequently dismantled and dispersed. The mill was restored in 2010-11 and reopened as a working mill in 2011.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 24 May 2011.

Digital Images

Archive Records