Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

AVILLON, RAVENSPOINT ROAD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 415551

Map Reference SH27NE

Grid Reference SH25397816

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Trearddur

Type of Site DWELLING

Broad Class DOMESTIC

Period 20th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Early C20, designed by Richard Hall, architect, of Bangor and one of a series of houses in an Arts and Crafts architectural idiom built on the shores of Porth Diana as the area developed a a resort in the early years of the century. The first sale document dates to 17th March 1914 and is between the Right Honorable Edward Lyulph Baron Sheffield and Lady Amy Susan Ree. Bought by Sir Hugh Corbet Vincent, Solicitor from Bangor, and his wife, Lady Bronwen Adelaide, of Bronwydd; who were resident in 1919 and sold the property in 1937. The house was known as the 'Vincent' house and also 'Tre Gib'.

Source: Cadw Listed Buildings ALH 14/12/2011

Archive Records