Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST DAVID'S CHURCH, TALYBONT

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 419653

Map Reference SN68NE

Grid Reference SN6563389737

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Ceulanamaesmawr

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 20th Century

Site Description St David's Church is situated on the northern edge of the village within a polygonal churchyard bounded on its south side by a side road accessed from the east side of the A473. The church was constructed in 1909-1910 to the designs of Deakin and Howard-Jones. It is built of dark green stone and brown terracotta, and consists of nave and narrower chancel under a single roof, with west tower and gabled south-west porch. The tower is squat with pyramidal roof behind battlements. The east window has stained glass dating from 1959 by Kenneth Baynes.

Sources:
T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), p.577.
Google Street View, September 2011.

D Leighton & N Vousden, RCAHMW, 21 July 2015