Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARK'S CHURCH, GWENLLI, PLWMP

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 420128

Map Reference SN35SE

Grid Reference SN3925353488

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Llandysiliogogo

Type of Site MISSION CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description St Mark's Church is situated within a rectilinear churchyard on the north side of the A487 at crossroads about 2 miles east of Plwmp. It is a plain mission church built in 1897 to designs of David Davies. Built of stone and yellow brick, the church is a single vessel with south-west porch and north-east vestry. It appears on the Ordnance Survey 25-inch map of 1905.
Sources:
T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), p.562.
Ordnance Survey County Series 25-inch mapping: sheet Cardiganshire XXXII.1, edition of 1905.

D Leighton & N Vousden, RCAHMW, 17 July 2015

Archive Records