Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARGARET'S CHURCH, CRYNANT

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 420677

Map Reference SN70SE

Grid Reference SN7941604806

Unitary (Local) Authority Neath, Port Talbot

Old County Glamorgan

Community Crynant

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 20th Century

Site Description St Margaret's is located on the east side of the A4109, set back from the road withn a grassy churchyard.
It was built in 1909-10 in Early English style to designs of J.Cook Rees, architect, of Neath. It consists of nave with lower chancel and a bell gable. It also contains stained glass in all north, south and east widows depicting scenes from the life of Christ by the Celtic Studios, 1951-66, a rare complete ensemble by a prolific firm. A medieval chapel of ease lies nearby to the south (NPRN 13421).
source: J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.335.

RCAHMW, 5 December 2014

Archive Records