Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST AGNES CHURCH, PORT TALBOT

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 420757

Map Reference SS79SE

Grid Reference SS7676590118

Unitary (Local) Authority Neath, Port Talbot

Old County Glamorgan

Community Port Talbot

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 20th Century

Site Description The church of St Agnes is located on the north side of Forge Road at its junction with Prior Road. It is a large plain church built in Lancet style to designs of architect F.R.Kempson of Cardiff. The dressed stonework is banded in pink and buff. Stained glass includes works by Celtic Studios (1950 & 1967).

Source: J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.533.

RCAHMW, 13 January 2015

Archive Records