You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

St Peter's Church, Nant-y-moel

Loading Map
NPRN420960
Map ReferenceSS99SW
Grid ReferenceSS9338193232
Unitary (Local) AuthorityBridgend
Old CountyGlamorgan
CommunityOgmore Valley
Type Of SiteCHURCH
Period19th Century
Description

1. The church of St Peter was located on the east side of Station Road. It was built in 1887-9 in Lancet style to designs of E.M.Bruce Vaughan. It was constructed of grey-green Pennant sandstone with red brick dressings. It consisted of nave with south porch, and narrower chancel with south vestry. The church was out of use by 1995 and appears now to have been demolished.

Sources:
J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.455
churchplansonline.org

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 6 December 2014

2. St Peter's church was located between Station Road and North Vale View, at the northern edge of the contemporary settlement. It was built in Lancet style in 1887-9 to designs of E.M.Bruce Vaughan. Constructed of grey-green Pennant sandstone with red brick dressings, the church consisted of nave and chancel with south porch and south vestry. It was disused in 1995 and has since been demolished.
Stained glass from the church was installed in St David's church, Wyndham (NPRN 13925).
Sources:
J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.455.
Ordnance Survey County Series 25-inch map: sheet Glamorgan XXVI.8.
http://parish.churchinwales.org.uk/l355/history-en/east-window-at-st-davids/

David Leighton, RCAHMW, 12 May 2015