Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST AFRAN, ST IEUAN, AND ST SANNAN'S CHURCH, LLANTRISANT, ANGLESEY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 421369

Map Reference SH38SE

Grid Reference SH3636983614

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Tref Alaw

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century

Site Description The new church of saints Afran, Ieuan and Sanan is located in the hamlet of Llantrisant, set back from a minor road in a rectangular churchyard used as a cemetery, about a mile south-east of the old church (NPRN 207). It was built in 1899 in a plain Early English style to designs of architect P.S.Gregory and is constructed of rock-faced stone with ashlar, red sandstone dressings, and slate roof. It consists of nave and chancel, the junction marked by a single buttresses on each side, west bellcote and gabled south-west porch.
Sources:
R.Haslam, J.Orbach & Adam Voelcker, Buildings of Wales: Gwynedd (2009), p.194.
Google Street View, August 2009.

RCAHMW, 22 January 2016