Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST MARY'S CHURCH, LLANFAIRYNGHORNWY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 43624

Map Reference SH39SW

Grid Reference SH32729085

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Cylch-y-garn

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Church restored in modern times, stone church with slate roof.

WALLPAINTING
"traces"
N. wall, E. end, traces under limewash. Gone by 1972.
Refs: A.C.1870, 368.
Source: RCAHMW Wallpaintings database. 2004.09.08/RCAHMW/SLE

Some earlier C11 and C12 origins still visible, but chancel rebuilt in C15; S chapel and arcade added C16; W tower C17; S porch of uncertain date. C19 restoration. Built of rubble masonry, heavily mortared, with freestone dressing. Perpendicular detail. Fine arcade to chancel, 3-bay with 4-centred arches of 2-hollow chamfered orders. Octagonal columns.
(Source CADW listed buildings database)
J Hill 12.09.2003

Digital Images

Archive Records