Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENGEFNFFORDD CHAPEL, ENGLISH PRESBYTERIAN AND CALVINISTIC METHODIST;MORIAH, PENGEFNFFORDD

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6162

Map Reference SO13SE

Grid Reference SO17183015

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Brecknockshire

Community Talgarth

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Pengefnffordd Chapel was built in 1835 and rebuilt in 1860 in the Vernacular style with a long wall entry plan. The outside is grey-rendered with two rectangular sash windows down the sides of the chapel and a doorway to the south on the east side. The southern third of the building, possibly from 1860, has a Sunday School room over a store with a ground-floor door in the south gable. The 1851 Religious Census recorded that 90 seats were free and 5 paid for. The 1905 Royal Commission survey of Religious Buildings in Wales recorded that there were 100 seats in the chapel and the building was worth £300.

RCAHMW, June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records