Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

UNION STREET WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, CARMARTHEN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6233

Map Reference SN42SW

Grid Reference SN4035420131

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Carmarthen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Union Street Welsh Independent Chapel was built between 1846 and 1848 and rebuilt or enlarged in 1872 by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The current building dates from 1872 and is built in the Gothic style following a gable entry plan. In 1997 the chapel was still in use.

RCAHMW, June 2009.

Digital Images

Archive Records