Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TRINITY WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, STATION ROAD, ST CLEARS;LLANFIHANGEL

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6484

Map Reference SN21NE

Grid Reference SN2827516541

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community St Clears

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Trinity Welsh Calvinist Methodist Chapel was first built in 1829/30 and rebuilt in 1872. It was later restored in 1924. It is of a combined Simple Gothic and Arts and Crafts style, with a gable entry. The entrance is flanked by two tall pointed-arched windows, and topped by an arched window consisting of two small arched lights with a large roundel above. The extension to the right of the entrance has more modern arched-windows with Y-tracery. The whole is built from rubbed stone, with a Welsh slate roof over.

K Steele, RCAHMW, 13 February 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records