Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, LLANSTEFFAN;MORIAH

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6590

Map Reference SN31SE

Grid Reference SN35061132

Unitary (Local) Authority Carmarthenshire

Old County Carmarthenshire

Community Llansteffan

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Moreia Calvinistic Methodist Chapel was built in1804, rebuilt 1837 and in 1871. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1910 to the design of architect John Howard Morgan of Carmarthen. The present chapel, dated 1910, is built in a mixed Simple Round-Headed and Sub-Classical style with a gable entry plan.

RCAHMW, August 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records