You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

Hebron Calvinist Methodist Chapel, Gwaen Cwm Brwynog

Loading Map
NPRN6888
Map ReferenceSH55NE
Grid ReferenceSH5822358429
Unitary (Local) AuthorityGwynedd
Old CountyCaernarfonshire
CommunityLlanberis
Type Of SiteCHAPEL
Period18th Century
Description
Hebron Calvinist Methodist Chapel was first built in 1797, before being rebuilt/modified in 1858 and 1872. It is of uncoursed rubble stone, with the front gable elevation being slate hung, and is topped by a pitched slate roof. It is in the sub-Classical style, with a central round-headed entrance flanked by a pair of round-headed windows. The side elevations have plain rectangular sash windows. To the rear elevation there is an adjoining Sunday School or chapel house. The chapel is now in ruins, and the original doors and glazing have been lost.
Much of the church interior has decayed through disuse, but traces can be seen of the plastered and painted decor, with a panelled wooden ceiling above which the roof trusses are now visible, and moulded cornice. At the pulpit end of the church there are remnants of a pilaster rib-work arch. All other fixtures and fittings have been removed.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, 3 March 2009
Resources
DownloadTypeSource
application/pdfRCAHMW Exhibitions