Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL MAWR, PARADWYS, BODORGAN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8795

Map Reference SH47SW

Grid Reference SH41547173

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Llangristiolus

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Capel Mawr Independent Chapel was built in 1773, modified in 1812 and rebuilt in 1834. In 1871 Capel Mawr was rebuilt again, this time to the design of architect Richard Thomas of Menai Bridge. By 1999 the chapel had been demolished.

RCAHMW, March 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records