Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HEBRON WELSH BAPTIST CHAPEL, HIGH STREET, DOWLAIS, WARD 4

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 9930

Map Reference SO00NE

Grid Reference SO07250799

Unitary (Local) Authority Merthyr Tydfil

Old County Glamorgan

Community Dowlais

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Hebron Baptist Chapel was built in 1841 and rebuilt in 1856 by builder Mr Gabe. The later chapel is built in the Simple Round-Headed style with a gable-entry plan and central doorway. The Chapel has two storeys, with entry to the gallery via stairs to either side of the central entrance. The pulpit is situated to the rear of the chapel with the organ behind in a purpose built recess. A secondary chapel/meeting hall to the righthand side of the chapel is entered via a door located at the front right of the chapel, near main entrance, and also entered via an external doorway at the front right of the chapel. This room has a movable divide at two thirds of the way down and a small pulpit in the middle of the room. This hall is single storey and lies at a right angle to the main chapel.

RCAHMW, January 2008

Digital Images

Archive Records