NPRN12218
Map ReferenceSH70SW
Grid ReferenceSH7480100780
Unitary (Local) AuthorityPowys
Old CountyMontgomeryshire
CommunityMachynlleth
Type Of SiteCHAPEL
PeriodPost Medieval
DescriptionEnglish Christ Church - built in 1881, but closed for worship on 3 October 1965 and demolished in August 1967. The site is now occupied by the town's library. The foundation or dedication stone has been retained and set up in the entrance of the library with a small information panel. The stone, in its new location, was unveiled by the Bishop of Bangor in March 1990 and reads: `Under this spot was laid by Mary Cornelia, Marchioness of Londonderry, on the 1st day of June AD 1881. This is none other than the house of God.?
RCAHMW, July 2015.