Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ST GILES CHURCH, WREXHAM

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 162808

Map Reference SJ35SW

Grid Reference SJ3355350122

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Offa

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval, Medieval

Site Description St Giles church, Wrexham, was built in the late fifteenth or early sixteenth century and was restored in 1867 and again in the twentieth century. The exterior is mostly fifteenth century, culminating in the addition of the tower in between 1506 and 20, although aspects of the interior date from the fourteenth century, including the arcading. It is built of coursed stone with a leaded roof, and consists of an aisled nave with integral west porches and clerestory, chancel and west tower. The cambered truss roof with decorated spandrels dates probably from the fourteenth twentieth century stained glass.

Source CADW listed buildings database.

RCAHMW, 9 November 2007.

Associated sites:
Tomb of Elihu Yale (NPRN 165081) lies in the churchyard.
Churchyard gates = NPRN 165222

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites

Online Resources