Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CHURCH OF ST DAVID, GARTHBRENGY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 308471

Map Reference SO03SW

Grid Reference SO04563351

Unitary (Local) Authority Powys

Old County Brecknockshire

Community Honddu Isaf

Type of Site CHURCH

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Medieval

Site Description Medieval in origin (stoup possibly C12), with Perpendicular period arcade. C17 tower. Restored in 1834 by William Jones and again in 1874 and 1901. Former N aisle was demolished during mid-C19 and its windows re-used, leaving arcade visible from inside church. Octagonal piers and 4-centred arches. C19 roofs and fittings. Octagonal font (C15?). Four-lobed stoup (C12?) - RAJ, 1/7/2003.

Archive Records

Online Resources