You have no advanced search rows. Add one by clicking the '+ Add Row' button

Ainon Baptist Chapel;cerrig-y-pryfaid, Golan

Loading Map
Map ReferenceSH54SW
Grid ReferenceSH5250142600
Unitary (Local) AuthorityGwynedd
Old CountyCaernarfonshire
Type Of SiteCHAPEL
PeriodPost Medieval
Ainon Baptist Chapel, also known as Cerrig-y-Pryfaid, was built in 1862. It is built from uncoursed rubble masonry, with a later vestry adjoining the southern gable from smaller rubblestone. The single storey rear elevation of the chapel, which faces onto the road, has three round arched windows, each of six panes. The gable side elevations are both without fenestration. The front elevation of the chapel is reached via an external stairway leading down the north east gable end. It has two storeys, due to the steep pitch of the land. The entrance has a single plain, sixteen-paned window to the right, with two similar windows to the left, and a further four to the upper storey. In addition the vestry has a further large rectangular window to the front elevation.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 20 February 2009