Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MINES RESCUE STATION;FIRE BRIGADE HQ, MAESGWYN ROAD, WREXHAM

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 96153

Map Reference SJ35SW

Grid Reference SJ3281250743

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Offa

Type of Site RESCUE CENTRE

Broad Class HEALTH AND WELFARE, INDUSTRIAL

Period 20th Century, Modern

Site Description Mines Rescue Station, established by the North Wales Coal Owners Association in 1913. The station is a complex of buildings with a fine facade in orange and grey brick to Maesgwyn Road. A semi-circular terracotta panel over a doorway carries the inscription NORTH WALES COAL OWNERS ASSOCIATION in art-nouveau lettering. The centre closed in the 1980s.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 23 August 2010.

Archive Records