Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

BUTE EAST DOCK, CARDIFF

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 34242

Cyfeirnod Map ST17NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1931075540

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Butetown

Math o Safle DOC

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ARFOROL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Bute East Dock, Cardiff was the second dock opened by Lord Bute, in stages from 1855 to 1859. The dock was entered from the sea by a two gate lock, where there was a basin and a further lock to enter the main dock. 45 acres of water were enclosed and fifteen coal staiths erected, allowing 1 million tons of coal a year to be handled at this dock alone. By 1890 there were 30 staiths, plus three ballast cranes and 22 hydraulic cranes. The only original building fronting the dock to survive is the Bute Warehouse. The basin and entrance to the dock (the current site of the Senedd Building, NPRN 403909) has been filled in and a crane relocated cosmetically on the east side.

(A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of South East Wales, AIA, 2003)
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 21 March 2005.

What remains of the original body of the dock now forms a central feature of Atlantic Warf.
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 16.05.2019

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig

Adnoddau Ar-lein