Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

BUTE WEST DOCK, CARDIFF

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 34257

Cyfeirnod Map ST17NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1902775311

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Butetown

Math o Safle DOC

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ARFOROL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Work began on the dock in December 1834 and it opened in 1839. The sea walls are of grey-brown stone blocks with granite copings. The eliptical dock basin (nprn 34288) is some one and a half acres in extent, with steps to either side. There are recesses for pairs of dock entrance gates at the North and South ends.
(Source: John Newman, 'Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan', 1995, p. 265, and Site File notes by R.E. Bowen)
J. Hill, RCAHMW, 11/05/2004.

The Cardiff Amateur Rowing Club were based on the western side of the Bute West Dock from the 1850s until the 1890s when they moved to Llandaff Weir. Although it is not certain where exactly the Club were housed, newspaper reports are indicative of the Bute West Dock being used for rowing and other boating events through the nineteenth century.

Daryl Leeworthy, RCAHMW, 31 March 2011.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig