Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Miners' Rest Home

Loading Map
NPRN20029
Cyfeirnod MapST08SW
Cyfeirnod GridST0320080050
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Rhondda Cynon Taff
Hen SirGlamorgan
CymunedPont-y-clun
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
Talygarn, Pontyclun is a large country house in free Gothic style. Built mainly in the period 1879-82, by George Thomas Clark, a distinguished scholar, engineer and ironmaster, it has snecked rock-faced stone with lighter stone dressings and slate roofs. The interior is mainly in early Renaissance style - venetian craftsmen were brought in to decorate the interior of the house, and the carved panelling, ornate staircases and painted ceilings still remain today. Clark, Initially concentrated on improving the farm buildings and land, but from 1870 to his death in 1898 he focussed his efforts upon improving and extending the house and gardens. In 1923, his grandson, Wyndham Damar Clark, sold the house and grounds to the South Wales Miners' Welfare Committee, when Talygarn became a miners' convalescent home and later a rehabilitation centre for mineworkers.

Sources: CADW listed buildings database

RCAHMW, 21st November 2007.