Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Vane Almshouses, Heol y Doll, Machynlleth

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapSH70SW
Cyfeirnod GridSH7459900992
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Powys
Hen SirMontgomeryshire
These almhouses were erected in 1868 at the behest of Mary Cornelia, Viscountess Vane. They are single-storied and have ornate carved wooden edging on the eaves and above the entrance doors. They also have patterned leaded windows to the front. The bust of Mary Cornelia, which formerly stood in the centre of the lawn, has been moved to the gardens of Y Plas.

The Machynlleth Pocket Borough Guide of 1911 notes that `The Almshouses also belong to the Plas, and the old people are thus able to spend their declining years in comfort and free from want. Indeed, they were let, rent free, to widows and indigent poor.'

The almhouses are now private residences.

Sources include: (Machynlleth and Dovey Valley history pages); black and white early undated photograph.

RCAHMW, July 2015.