Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

New Hall North Lodge, Chirk

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapSJ23NE
Cyfeirnod GridSJ2750038760
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Wrexham
Hen SirDenbighshire
One of a pair of single-chamber lodges that flank the present service access to Chirk Castle Park, opposite New Hall Road (see New Hall South Lodge nprn 27570). Designed and built by Joseph Turner in 1770-1771, the two lodges were initially linked by the great iron gate screen after it was moved from its original position across the north forecourt of the castle. The screen was moved away to its present position at Llwyn-y-cil in 1888 (Nprn 26957). The lodges are built of ashlar sandstone with slate roofs, with lead-roofed pediments. They have a Greek Doric portico front and back, with the inner sides having two blind arches under a continuation of the entablature. Beneath the front portico is a round headed sash window. The outer face is of rubble, and has a chimney for the internal fireplace.

Source: DE/DOM/SJ23NE.
Cadw listed buildings database record number 622
J. Archer, RCAHMW, 11.10.2004