Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Law Courts, Cathays Park, Cardiff

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapST17NE
Cyfeirnod GridST1814576841
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Caerdydd
Hen SirGlamorgan
CymunedCastle (Cardiff)
Math O SafleLLYS
The Law Courts, Cathays Park, Cardiff, were built between 1901-04 by Lancaster Stuart and Rickards after a competition of 1897. Constructed with Portland stone facing in a Baroque style, it is a 2-storey quadrangular building with a portico of Roman Doric columns up to 2 Baroque towers. The Roman style interior retains most original features, including light fittings and oak panelling. Steps from the main lobby lead to a 3-bay hall with lunette windows. Ionic columns precede the entrances to Courts 1 and 2, which both feature lunette windows, oak panelled lobbies, and recessed tiered seating. The original seating and panelled walls are also features of Courts 7 and 8, although the other courts have been refurbished. There is a robing room to the south-east corner, rising to a 2-storey attic; and a library to the south-west corner with fitted wooden shelving.

(Source: Cadw listing description)
J Hill 03.09.2003

Part of:
Cardiff Civic Centre (Nprn401617).

Associated with:
Statue before entrance (Nprn32792).