Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Queen Alexandra Dock, Cardiff Docks

Loading Map
NPRN34276
Cyfeirnod MapST17SE
Cyfeirnod GridST1980073800
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Caerdydd
Hen SirGlamorgan
CymunedButetown
Math O SafleDOC
CyfnodModern
Disgrifiad
The construction of Queen Alexandra Dock was the final expansion of Cardiff Docks. Opening in 1907, it covered 52 acres. The main commercial section of the docks with direct locked access to the sea outside of the Barrage (nprn 305755). The link to Roath Dock (nprn 34279) is spanned by a 1904 swing bridge built by Handyside. A few buildings remain; a pumping station and a length of transit sheds from the 1930s. After the Cardiff Bay Development of the 1980's and 1990's, only Queen Alexandra and Roath Docks remain in use.

(A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of South East Wales, AIA, 2003)
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 21 March 2005.

Adnoddau
LawrlwythoMathFfynhonnell
application/pdfAENT - Archaeological Reports/Evaluations (non Trust)