Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Nerquis Hall Orangery, Nercwys

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapSJ25NW
Cyfeirnod GridSJ2387859985
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Flintshire
Hen SirSir y Fflint
The semi-octagonal Gothic orangery at Nerquis Hall is by Benjamin Gummow, architect of Ruabon, 1813. Built of brick with rendered sides and ashlar facing to the three main walls. There is a castellated parapet with moulded string-course beneath crocketted and gabled finials (mostly reduced). These are at the corners and surmount narrow stepped and gabled buttresses with moulded bases. There are large pointed-arched openings to the 5 faces, those at the sides and that in the centre with moulded labels. Complex wrought- iron tracery in Decorated style to the 3 main faces, that to the centre lacking the lower section.

Adjoining the orangery in a curve, is a roughly 14ft high brick wall with stone capping. Essentially late 18th century. There is a modern gated entrance immediately to the right of the orangery. About 100ft along the west-east section, in the centre, the flanking walls of a former greenhouse project to the north. The wall continues eastwards at the same height until it terminates in sloped change of levels. In the centre of this last stretch of the wall, a large inserted entrance. This has a heavily-moulded oak doorcase with ovolo mouldings and an outer chevron pattern. The three sections, lintel and reveals, are clearly re-used 17th century material, probably from the top of a screen. Plain boarded door.

(Source: Cadw Listings database) S Garfi 16/10/06

Associated with: Nercwys Hall (Nprn36046) Park/gardens (Nprn86593).