Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Grammar School for Girls School; Glyntaff College, University of Glamorgan, Pontypridd

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapST08NE
Cyfeirnod GridST0867089420
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Rhondda Cynon Taff
Hen SirGlamorgan
This is a Baroque style two-storey school of red brick with small-pane pivoting and sash windows, and slate roofs. It was built in 1912 (date on building) by A O Evans, Williams and Evans, Pontypridd architects, and opened in 1913 as the Intermediate, later grammar school, for girls. The school originally housed an assembly hall with balcony also used as a gymnasium, a library, art room, 8 classrooms and a furnished flat where girls were educated in housewifery. Additional classrooms were built at the rear in 1922, and in 1935 a new dining hall and kitchen were added to the rear. The school remained a grammar school until the change to the comprehensive system in 1973 and subsequently became an art college.

Source:- Cadw listed buildings (NJR 11/04/2008)

Now known as the Alfred Russel Wallace building (2012).