Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Central Cinema, Porth

Loading Map
Cyfeirnod MapST09SW
Cyfeirnod GridST0278291106
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Rhondda Cynon Taff
Hen SirGlamorgan
Math O SafleSINEMA
Cyfnod20fed Ganrif

Former cinema converted to bingo hall 1970s and a successor to the building retaining terracotta frontage in Pontypridd Road opposite.

From 'Entertaining South Wales':

'The Central Cinema opened in Hannah Street in 1916 and was one of the Solomon Andrews & Son’s Ltd. early business ventures into the cinema trade. It had a seating capacity of around 900 and was equipped with a 25ft wide proscenium. By 1924 it was owned by the Cardiff-based Castle and Central Cinemas, Ltd. The Central closed as a cinema in 1966 and was run as a bingo hall from 1968. The last occupiers were Top Ten Bingo and this closed down in 2009.'


Meilyr Powel, RCAHMW, November 2020


Cadw Listed Buildings. ALH 01/08/13
'Entertaining South Wales P-Q',, p.57