Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

St Benedict's Lodge, Gronant

Loading Map
NPRN419463
Cyfeirnod MapSJ18SW
Cyfeirnod GridSJ1033683158
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Sir y Fflint
Hen SirSir y Fflint
CymunedLlanasa
Math O SaflePORTHDY
Cyfnod19eg Ganrif
Disgrifiad
Talacre Abbey was built 1824-9 by Thomas Jones, architect, for Sir Edward Mostyn, on the site of an earlier house. Jones also designed a number of estate buildings, including the Home Farm, and probably also designed St Benedict's Lodge, which is shown on the 1839 Tithe map. It stood at the end of a long drive from the SE of the park, of which adjacent gate piers remain, but the corresponding gate piers and lodge at the SE end of the park are ruinous.

A single-storey former lodge nearly square in plan, of tooled coursed stone (painted white) and a pyramidal roof of graded slates, with projecting eaves and central paired stone stack. The roof projects on thin iron posts, creating a covered verandah around the front and L side of the house. Openings, all beneath the eaves, are boarded up. To the front is a central doorway with flanking windows. The L side wall has 2 windows and a doorway to the rear in a projecting rear wing with hipped roof. This wing has a single side window and 2 windows to the rear. Behind the main house is a projecting lean-to with single rear window. The R side wall of the lodge has 2 windows.

Source: Cadw Listed Building Database.

RCAHMW, October 2013