Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Cefn-y-waun Welsh Calvinist Methodist Chapel;capel Cefn-y-waen, Deiniolen

Loading Map
NPRN6938
Cyfeirnod MapSH56SE
Cyfeirnod GridSH5857563004
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Gwynedd
Hen SirSir Gaernarfon
CymunedLlanddeiniolen
Math O SafleCAPEL
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
Cefn-y-Waun Welsh Calvinist Methodist Chapel was built in 1838 on the site of a former school, but later rebuilt in 1868 by E. & R. Jones of Llanwnda to the design of R. Davies of Bangor. It is in the Romanesque style, built from rock-faced snecked stone with buff ashlar dressings, and topped by a slate roof. The chapel is entered via a pair of round-headed doorways in the front gable elevation, which has three bays with giant pilasters, a pedimented gable, and Lombardic cornice and oculus. The central bay has a large wheel window of 10 lights. The outer bays have pairs of round-headed windows with oculi and semi-circlets. The side bays are of two storeys, with six bays of round-headed windows, slightly taller to the upper storey. The rear elevation has a Lombardic cornice and oculcus.

Within the church is a fine ceiling with classical cornice, moulded panels and roses. There is a three-sided gallery with panelled front mounted upon iron columns with Corinthian capitals. The box pews form two aisles, in front of which is a panelled pulpit with heavy cornice and flanking curved stairs.

Source: Cadw Listed Building Record
RCAHMW Inventory Documents

RCAHMW, January 2011