Nid oes gennych resi chwilio datblygedig. Ychwanegwch un trwy glicio ar y botwm '+ Ychwanegu Rhes'

Goytre Wharf

Loading Map
NPRN85429
Cyfeirnod MapSO30NW
Cyfeirnod GridSO3129006370
Awdurdod Unedol (Lleol)Monmouthshire
Hen SirSir Fynwy
CymunedGoetre Fawr
Math O SafleCEI
CyfnodÔl-Ganoloesol
Disgrifiad
Goytre Wharf is a section of the Brecknock & Abergavenny Canal that was constructed from 1809 to 1812 by William Crossley and the buildings at the wharf are contemporary. The canal is embanked across a low depression through which runs a substantial limestone aqueduct. Alongside this is a one-up, one-down cottage which served as wharfmaster's office. Running off the canal to the north is a loading dock below which is a stand of three limekilns charged directly from narrow boats. A substantial manager's house is at the site entrance.

Claire Parry, RCAHMW, 21 July 2011.

Source: A Guide to the Industrial Archaeology of South East Wales, AIA, 2003