Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST MARY'S CHURCH, ANGLE

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 103065

Cyfeirnod Map SM80SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SM86620290

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Penfro

Hen Sir Penfro

Cymuned Angle

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol, Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Angle parish church is medieval in origin; the chancel, nave, north transept and porch all date from the 14th century and the West Tower was built around 1500. Most of the remainder was rebuilt in about 1880. Within the churchyard, is St Anthony's chapel, "the Seaman's Chapel", thought to have been dedicated in 1447 by Edward de Shirburn of Nangle and probably a mortuary chapel (see Nprn308966).
In 1175-76, Giraldus Cambrensis (Gerald of Wales) was Rector of Angle.

RCAHMW, 18 February 2009

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol