Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST CANNA'S CHURCH, LLANGAN

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 114992

Cyfeirnod Map SN11NE

Cyfeirnod Grid SN1772018722

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Gaerfyrddin

Hen Sir Penfro

Cymuned Henllanfallteg

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle St Canna's church is located in an oval churchyard on the south side of a lane to Sarn-las farm. It was restored in 1882, in minimal Decorated style, by S.Lewis of Haverfordwest and consists of simple nave and chancel with west bellcote and north porch.
The church is associated with an inscribed stone (NPRN 304241) and a possible holy well (NPRN 32465). It lies within an extensive cropmark complex (NPRN 275704) and traces of an early church enclosure area, or territory, at least 0.5km across have been identified in the surrounding field boundary patterns (James 1992, 65-7 fig.8.5).

Sources:
H.James, in Edwards & Lane (eds.) ''The Early Church in Wales & the West" (1992), pp.62-76.
T.Lloyd, J.Orbach & R.Scourfield, Buildings of Wales: Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion (2006), p.308.

D.Leighton & J.Wiles, RCAHMW, 23 June 2015.

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig