Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

MARGAM ABBEY

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 132

Cyfeirnod Map SS88NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SS80188628

Awdurdod Lleol Castell-nedd Port Talbot

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Margam

Math o Safle ABATY

Cyfnod Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The remains of the Cistercian abbey at Margam, founded around 1147 and dissolved in 1536, are thought to have occupied the site of an earlier monastic site. The western part of the nave of the monastic church is preserved, though much altered (NPRN 302498). The traces of the remainder of the church are apparent and other remains include the roughly 19m diameter dodecahedrol Early English chapter house (NPRN 308863), with some ruins of the dorter and rerdorter to the south (NPRN 308859).

RCAHMW, February 2011

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig

Adnoddau Ar-lein