Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST MICHAEL'S CHURCH, LOUGHOR

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 13509

Cyfeirnod Map SS59NE

Cyfeirnod Grid SS5634797990

Awdurdod Lleol Abertawe 

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Llwchwr

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle St Michael's church is located on the west side of Station Road. It was built in Lancet style in 1885 to the designs of J.Buckley Wilson of Swansea, on the foundations of its medieval predecessor. It is constructed of rock-faced Pennant sandstone with Bath stone dressings. The church consists of nave with gabled south porch, outsize west bellcote, and lower chancel with lean-to north vestry.
Stained glass includes work by Heaton, Butler & Bayne. A memorial slab of 1706 was salvaged from the old church.
Source: J.Newman, Buildings of Wales: Glamorgan (1995), p.415.

RCAHMW, 8 May 2015

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig