Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

EWENNY PRIORY

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 143

Cyfeirnod Map SS97NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SS91247779

Awdurdod Lleol Bro Morgannwg 

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Ewenny

Math o Safle PRIORDY

Cyfnod Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Located on the southern bank of the River Ewenny, a Welsh foundation on this site probably preceded the Norman Conquest of Glamorgan. During the time of Bishop Urban of Llandaff (1107-34) William de Londres, who was established at Ogmore as early as 1116, built a church here and presented it to the Abbey of Gloucester.

The church and conventual buildings lay within a walled enclosure measuring 173m by 118m. The presbytery, central tower and the south transept of the church remain together with the nave and the rebuilt north aisle. The north transept and the chapels flanking the presbytery have been destroyed. The site of the conventual building is partly occupied by the modern house which incorporates some medieval walling. Parts of the enclosure wall are derelict.

RCAHMW, February 2011

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig