Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

RHUDDLAN FRIARY (DOMINICAN);ABBEY FARM

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 157155

Cyfeirnod Map SJ07NW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ02917750

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Ddinbych 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Rhuddlan

Math o Safle FFRIERDY

Cyfnod Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Dominican Friary, Rhuddlan, founded in or before 1258, dissolved 1538.

Possible fragments of S claustral range are incorporated in the S range of the farmyard, the church having apparently occupied the site of the current farmhouse: prior to recent developement, the farmyard may have respected the monastic cloister, being c.26-28m square; much material from the Friary fabric, including an effigy, is re-used in the farm buildings (Nprn36156).
The Friary can be associated with the earlier settlement (Nprn303586), as well as with the Edwardian borough (Nprn15238), & is set within an extensive rectilinear earthwork enclosure (Nprn306672).

(source OS495 card; SJ07NW4)

RCAHMW AP965068/45-6, 52

J. Wiles 10.10.2002

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig