Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

OLD RECTORY;HEN PERSONDY

Manylion y Safle



NPRN 20536

Cyfeirnod Map ST18NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST17208927

Awdurdod Lleol Caerffili 

Hen Sir Mynwy

Cymuned Bedwas

Math o Safle RHEITHORDY

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The character of plan-form and internal timber features of this building are of sub-medieval regional form and suggest an original date of the mid/late sixteenth century. It is shown at its present size on the 1841 Tithe Map and was then known as "Rectory House", owned by the Lord Bishop of Llandaff and occupied by the Revd Watkin Watkins. There is a tall two-storey two-window rendered Georgian facade to the sub-medieval house with a lower two-storey range to the right. It has pitched slate roofs with rendered end stacks and modern uPVC windows to symmetrical openings. There is a wide catslide roof to the rear of the main building.

This is a fine regional example of a rectory house which, notwithstanding modern windows, retains much of its historic character.

Source:- cadw listed buildings , NJR 10/03/2010

Chofnodion Archifol