Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST MARY'S PRIORY (BENEDICTINE) ABERGAVENNY

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 20703

Cyfeirnod Map SO31SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SO30091411

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Fynwy

Hen Sir Mynwy

Cymuned Abergavenny

Math o Safle PRIORDY

Cyfnod Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The conventual buildings of St Mary's Priory (Benedictine), Abergavenny (established in about 1100, suppressed 1535), arranged about a cloister, 35m by 25m overall, to the south of the church (Nprn377); adapted as a private residence after 1535 (Nprn20699), demolition in 1953 left only the base of the exterior wall and the much altered chapter house.
Associated with the tithe barn standing 24m to the west (Nprn43353).

(source Os495card; SO31SW1)

Associated with:
Medieval & later borough (Nprn96275).

RCAHMW AP94-CS 0575
RCAHMW AP945076/48; 965103/57

J.Wiles 13.09.02

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig