Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

ST MARY'S CHURCH, USK

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 222262

Cyfeirnod Map SO30SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SO37880080

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Fynwy

Hen Sir Mynwy

Cymuned Usk

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Thought to have originally been an aisleless cruciform church, having a central, crossing tower and eastern apse, St Mary's church, Usk has now been extended to the west, has had a northern aisle added and lost its south and eastern limbs: the church is thought either to have been built de novo for the Benedictine priory (see Nprn20700), in about 1135, or to have been adapted as a conventual church at that time; it was extensively altered following the Reformation and the dissolution of the Priory. There are two elegant late Gothic porches, the one on the north side having a finely carved and moulded entrance arch and a two bay interior with decorative vaulting and stone foliage. There is a large organ dated 1862, and 18th century pulpit and altar rails.

(source Os495card; SO30SE32.1)

J.Wiles 03.02.05

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig