Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod


Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 229

Cyfeirnod Map SM93SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SM9186832519

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Penfro

Hen Sir Penfro

Cymuned Scleddau

Math o Safle EGLWYS

Cyfnod Canoloesol, 19eg Ganrif, 18fed Ganrif, Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The current church was built in 1797. The tower was added during a major restoration in 1863 and a transeptal vestry was added in 1883. The church consists of a nave, chancel, western tower, and southern vestry, supported by side buttresses on the corners of the chancel, vestry, and nave and diagonal buttresses on the tower. The nave and chancel are roofed in slate with coped gables and cross finials on their eastern gables. The church is entered by a pointed doorway on the west of the tower and is lit by two large pointed leaded windows on each side of the nave and another pointed window in the east wall of the chancel. This last window, by Celtic Studios (1949) depicts the Crucifixion. The vestry has one window and a pointed door on the west. The tower has embattled parapets and stone corner finials. Inside, the chancel arch is of bath stone insisted with triangles and rests on carved capitals supported by three-shaft pillars. There are oak furniture and oil lamps throughout the chancel and nave. The font is probably Norman in date, with a circular bowl chamfered to a circular shaft on a square base.

(Sources: Inventory of the Ancient Monuments in Wales and Monmouthshire: Pembroke (RCAHMW: 1925), Vol II, p. 130; Cadw site report)
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 16.04.2018

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol