Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

OLD SCHOOL (HOUSE); LLANASA VILLAGE HALL

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 23459

Cyfeirnod Map SJ18SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SJ1064481375

Awdurdod Lleol Sir y Fflint 

Hen Sir Fflint

Cymuned Llanasa

Math o Safle YSGOL

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ADDYSG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Built as a National School in 1857-8 by H John Fairclough, architect of St Asaph, and opened in 1859 (date on building). It was the earliest of 3 National Schools by Fairclough, the others being at Bodfari (1858) and St Asaph (1862). Llanasa school later became a church hall and subsequently the village hall.

Tudor Gothic in style, of snecked rubble stone and a graded slate roof behind coped gables on moulded kneelers, and a tall stone stack behind on the L side. It comprises a main range with 2 porches (probably to provide separate entrances for boys and girls), and a short parallel wing behind to the centre. The School House is attached to the rear. The main range has a gabled bellcote at the L end, with a single bell in a pointed opening. The 4-bay front has stepped buttresses (set diagonally at the L end), and 3-light mullioned and transomed windows, except the R-hand bay which has a 3-light window in a lower porch. On the R side the porch has a boarded door under a shouldered lintel. The R gable end of the main range has a 3-light window below a blind ventilation strip.

Set back at the L gable end is a gabled porch. It has a 4-centred arch facing the front with roll and hollow mouldings, but without capitals, and a boarded door. It side wall has a 2-light window, and above the porch the gable end has a narrow ventilation strip. A flat roofed projection is behind the porch and continues around the rear where it abuts a parallel rear wing with a 3-light mullioned and transomed window in its gable end below a blind ventilation strip. The wing is attached to the adjacent School House.

(Source: Cadw Listings database) S Garfi 16/10/06

Chofnodion Archifol