Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

Y GOLEUAD, DOC FICTORIA;WAREHOUSE, VICTORIA DOCK, CAERNARFON

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 25996

Cyfeirnod Map SH46SE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH4791163046

Awdurdod Lleol Gwynedd 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Caernarfon

Math o Safle WARWS

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The Goleuad was originally constructed as a warehouse but for over a century it was used a printer's workshop. In fact the building itself is named after the Presbyterian Church's weekly newspaper- The Goleuad- and for many years remained in use as a printers before becoming vacant.

The building is contemporary with Victoria Dock, completed in 1874, and was shown on the 1890 Ordnance Survey. It is a two-storey warehouse built of rubble granite with larger quoins and a renewed slate roof, hipped to the North end. In the pebble-dashed north wall, facing the dock, is a wide doorway, slightly inset, and a further doorway at the left end. In the upper storey is a central doorway with brick jambs and flanked by windows, all beneath the eaves. A stub wall is on the left (East) side. In the West side wall, behind the abutting warehouse, is a single upper-storey window.

Source:- Cadw listed buildings and Justification statement, LBC ( NJR 15/12/2009)

Chofnodion Archifol