Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

BODYSGALLEN HALL, CONWY

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 26064

Cyfeirnod Map SH77NE

Cyfeirnod Grid SH7995279275

Awdurdod Lleol Conwy 

Hen Sir Caernarfon

Cymuned Conwy

Math o Safle TY

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Later wings built around a C13/C14 watchtower from Conwy castle. Constructed of pink sandstone with grit dressings and slate roof.
SW wing of 1620 incorporates the main entrance and features a three-storey C19 porch;
the five-storey watchtower, with a single room to each floor, is to the SE side of this wing;
the wing to the NE is of c1700;
to SE of c1700 wing there us a wing of 1730;
a final wing of early C20 to South-west;
LateC19 wing to North-west.
(Source CADW listed buildings database)
J Hill 10.10.2003

**Identification of 'watchtower' unsubstantiated**

Late 13th/early 14th century watchtower to Cony Castle surrounded by later gabled wings of a uniform vernacular style. The watchtower is five storey, one room to each floor being accessed by a stair turret.
The south-west wing is of 1620, built by Robert Wynn, and incorporates the main entrance to the hall. There is a three storey gabled porch bay with a four-centred door on the ground floor, and transomed and mullioned windows above. The 1620 windg contains mullioned windows, and the south-west elevation has an entrance to the cellar.
To the north-west a wing of 1700, has gable end with chimney stack and both mullion and mullion & transom windows. On the north-east elevation is a 19th century projection with a central crow-stepped gable and with mullion and transom windows dated 1884.
To the south-east is a wing of 1730, dated from a plaque on the north-east elevation inscribed RW 1730. again with mullion and transome windows, and on the south-east side obscured by a 19th century addition in the same style. This addition has a second floor overhang with three-light windows, two light windows on the first floor, and on the ground floor a ledged door and a mullioned window.
To the south-west is a further wing of 20th century date, having a gabled elevation with a central stack flanked to each side by windows, some of which are again mullioned. on the ground floor is a oriel bow window.
To the north-west, a single storey late 19th century wing dated 1894, the south-west gable end with finials and a large five-light window with transomes.
(Source; Cadw listing decription) S Fielding RCAHMW 12/07/2005

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig