Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

MOUNTSTUART SHIPBUILDING YARD

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 300173

Cyfeirnod Map ST17SE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST1902174347

Awdurdod Lleol Caerdydd

Hen Sir Morgannwg

Cymuned Butetown

Math o Safle IARD LONGAU

Dosbarth Cyffredinol ARFOROL

Cyfnod 19eg Ganrif

Disgrifiad o´r Safle John Bachelor and Mitchell and Co. originally had extensive works on the sea front between the Bute West Dock and Glamorganshire Canal Sea Lock which was later acquired by Messers. John Gunn and Co becoming the Mount Stuart Dry Dock and Engineering Company. The site consisted on three graving docks (NPRN 34267), fitting shops, the office at Landsea House (NPRN 307750), a power house (NPRN 405291), foundries, boiler, workshops, and a large gridiron, with an iron works and sawmill to the west. The dry docks have been filled as part of the large freshwater lake in the Cardiff Bay inner harbour, while the metal frame of a workshop which was part of the yard has been re-used in the Techniquest building (NPRN 307751).

(Sources: Allen, ‘Engineering and Shipbuilding’ in Ballinger, Cardiff: An Illustrated Handbook (Cardiff: 1896), pp. 114-5; Hutton, An Illustrated History of Cardiff Docks, vol 2 (Great Addington: 2008), p. 136)
A.N. Coward, RCAHMW, 03.08.2018

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig