Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

LLANDYSUL

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 301111

Cyfeirnod Map SN44SW

Cyfeirnod Grid SN4175040690

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Gaerfyrddin

Hen Sir Ceredigion

Cymuned Llandysul

Math o Safle TREF

Dosbarth Cyffredinol HEB EI NEILLTUO

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle Llandysul is a small town situated on the banks of the river Teifi. Llandysul was a village in the early 19th century and grew into a town with the growth of the woollen industry of the late 19th century. The proximity of upland grassland for sheep and the rapid-flowing river Teifi (for driving water mills) made it ideal for woollen manufacture. The principal woollen Mill (NPRN: 40886) operated between 1880 and 1922, it has now been converted for other uses.

St Tysul's church (NPRN: 400349) is the oldest building in Llandysul dating from the 13th century, but standing on an ancient foundation dating from the 6th century. The town also has a large number of chapels of different denominations.

A railway station (NPRN; 41358) was opened here in 1865, and the line, from Carmarthen to Newcastle Emlyn, ran until 1973.

GME 24/10/2000

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol