Hygyrchedd

Font Size cy

100% 150% 200%

background colour cy

cy Cyferbynnedd
Cau Ailosod

CALDICOT CASTLE (INHABITED PORTIONS), CALDICOT

Manylion y Safle

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 301255

Cyfeirnod Map ST48NE

Cyfeirnod Grid ST4868088509

Awdurdod Lleol Sir Fynwy

Hen Sir Mynwy

Cymuned Caldicot

Math o Safle CASTELL

Dosbarth Cyffredinol DOMESTIG

Cyfnod Ôl-Ganoloesol, Canoloesol

Disgrifiad o´r Safle The large motte-and-bailey castle at Caldicot developed over the thirteenth and fourteenth and was completed in its medieval form in about 1389. It was purchased by J.R. Cobb in 1885 (or 1891?) and restored and rebuilt in varying degrees over the next twenty years. Built almost wholly of local rubble stone faced with squared blocks of local gritstone. The late nineteenth century work used closely matched stone with some red brick and pseudo timber framing in those additions to the Great Gatehouse which formed Cobb's own house.

J.Wiles, RCAHMW, 20 February 2003

Delweddau Digidol

Chofnodion Archifol

Safleoedd Cysylltiedig